An oval shaped medal the obverse with the head of the monarch and reverse marked “Militia For Long Service and Good Conduct. The recipent’s number, rank, name and unit is impressed on the rim of the medal. This medal was instituted in 1904 during the reign of Edward VII and was awarded to members of the Militia (or part-time) 3rd and 4th Battalions of the regiment who had completed at least 18 years service and attended 15 annual training camps while being of “irreproachable character and conduct”. Very few of these medals were awarded to members of the regiment and they are sometimes accompanied by Boer War or First World War medals if the individual’s service covered those campaigns.
The obverse and reverse of the Militia Long Service and Good Conduct Medal